Monday, September 16, 2013

Letter Ll: Music

We study each letter for two weeks.

Here is the music we had for the
Letter Ll















L-O-V-E (2004 - Remastered)
The first song we did was a favorite classic of mine. I LOVE it because it teaches how to spell the word LOVE while introducing my kiddos to Jazz & Blues :) Of course I'm talking about Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E song!!

My Little Shortcake LOVED dancing to Nat King Cole!!




You Shall Love The Lord - Matthew 22:37
Part of our Bible time is also music time. I just love Steve Green's music! It is such a great way to have little one's learn bible verses!

This week we are learning Deuteronomy 6:5a NIV. "Love the LORD your God with all your heart." Steve Green's song "You Shall Love the Lord" is set to Matthew 22:37 but it was still a perfect match!!


During our first L week, we learned that Ll is for ladybug. I found this really cute video/song from Little Fingers that Play: Little Ladybug. This ladybug loses her spots and collects them counting from 1-10. This went perfect with learning ten this week! If I had ambition, I could totally see this with a felt ladybug with black felt spots to do as we sang this song!
Autumn's A Song Track 7: Great Worship Songs for Kids 4. Talks about how Autumn's the song creation sings.



During our second L week, we focused on Ll is for leaf. I found this song from Great Worship Songs for Kids 4 called "Autumn's A Song".

It talks about the seasons and how God has blessed us with Harvest time. The Autumn colors remind us that God is the giver of beautiful things. "Autumn's a song creation sings".







Since we are talking about Ll is a ladybug and the colors of fall, we are talking about the color red for these 2 weeks.

When I taught First Grade, I loved using Frog Street's Colors books and songs! We sang "I Can Spell Red". It talks about how firetrucks and stop signs are red!



I Can Spell Red
(tune of Are You Sleeping)

R-E-D red, R-E-D red,
I can spell red.
I can spell red.
Firetrucks are red.
Stop signs are red too.
R-E-D, R-E-D


(I wish they had this in MP3 format though so I could have them right on my MP3 player!)

Hope you find this to be helpful while teaching your little ones! Feel free to leave a link or comment if you have other suggestions for other readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment