Sunday, June 1, 2014

Letter Oo Music

We study each letter for two weeks.

Here is the music we had for the
Letter Oo

(Just click on the pictures to find the MP3 on Amazon!)

We had a blast singing On Top of Spaghetti. I had this from a CD not available on Amazon. We had fun doing some silly motions with this one!

O the Deep Deep Love of Jesus

I love teaching my kiddos lots of variety of music. From Pop Rock Christian Music to classical to beautiful hymns.

During Oo week we learned O the Deep, Deep Love of
Jesus
By Westmont College Praise Team. I tend to sing this song a lot around bed time! Such beautiful lyrics of solid truth!

O Be Careful, Little Eyes


A great classic from my childhood O Be Careful Little Eyes by the Cedarmont Kids. This song emphasizes that while God, our Father is looking down in love, he desires for us to follow His Will. Shortcake is learning that God knows everything and that we should obey Him because He loves us.







O Worship The King/This Is My Father's World

 O Worship the King / This Is My Father's World from the Praise Baby Collection was a great addition to our Letter Oo.

As we sang this song we would make the O with our arms. This was easy peasy for my little O-H-I-O fans :)




Old Mcdonald Had a Farm

How can you not sing O MacDonald Had a Farm by Baby Genius on Oo week? We loved looking at animals that started with the letter Oo so of course we had to find them on the farm :)







Since we are talking about Oo is an ostrich and octopus, we are talking about the color orange for these 2 weeks.

When I taught First Grade, I loved using Frog Street's Colors books and songs! Currently Amazon offers the flip charts & music here. I just recently found some YouTube videos for the color songs!

During the letter Oo week, we sang "I Can Spell Orange". It talks about how carrots, jack o' lanterns, and oranges are always orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment